Making schools a place where everyone can succeed.
Date: April 19 – 21, 2017
Location: Granlibakken Hotel & Resort, Tahoe CA
Session Title: Creating Safe Schools: Where Title IX and Bullying Meet
Session Time: Thursday, April 20, 2017 @ 2:50pm – 4:00pm
48th Annual Juvenile Courts, Community and Alternative School Administrators of California (JCCASAC) Conference
Location: Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe, 130310 Ritz-Carlton Highlands Court, Truckee, CA 96161
Session Title: Discipline Basics
Session Time: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 @ 10:45am – 12:00pm;
Thursday, May 11, 2017 @ 10:45am – 12:00pm
DDL offers an array of legal services to support school districts in the area of Student Issues.
Some of the areas in which DDL provides legal representation and support include:
- Advising school districts on issues related to student discipline
- Special education discipline
- County appeals of disciplinary decisions
- Pupil records
- Public records requests
- Section 504
- Legal representation at disciplinary administrative hearings of school sites, Administrative Panels, and/or Governing Boards
- Responding to subpoenas
- Medication monitoring
- Inter/intra district transfers
- Homelessness/foster youth issues
- Revisions to Board Policies and Administrative Regulations and many others.