Making schools a place where everyone can succeed.
DDL offers an array of legal services to support school districts in the area of Student Issues.
Some of the areas in which DDL provides legal representation and support include:
- Advising school districts on issues related to student discipline
- Special education discipline
- County appeals of disciplinary decisions
- Pupil records
- Public records requests
- Section 504
- Legal representation at disciplinary administrative hearings of school sites, Administrative Panels, and/or Governing Boards
- Responding to subpoenas
- Medication monitoring
- Inter/intra district transfers
- Homelessness/foster youth issues
- Revisions to Board Policies and Administrative Regulations and many others.